YES stands for Young European Scholars.
The mission of is to bring together
- the most promising early-career marketing researchers
- working on quantitative / marketing strategy topics
- at European top universities.
Excellent research ideas are rarely born when a lonely researcher sits in an office. Instead, great ideas (and project execution) are typically the result of formal and informal discussions with other people that have different perspectives, backgrounds, and skills.
Many Young European Scholars seek out connections to colleagues working overseas. And there is nothing wrong with that. But we believe that there is plenty of marketing research talent here in Europe that shares a vision for publishing excellent research in the top journals. And wants to connect these scholars.
To this end, we hold an annual 2-day meeting for participants to connect with new and old friends, to present and comment on cutting-edge research, and to have some fun.
- Frankfurt School of Finance & Management (2018)
- Goethe University Frankfurt (2019)
- University of Groningen (online, 2021)
- University of Groningen (2022)
- Maastricht University (2023)
We are looking forward to 2024, which will be hosted by University of Basel!